Covid-19: Supporting NZ families who are hardest-hit
One thing is for sure: now more than ever, New Zealanders living in poverty need us all to work together. It’s vital that we come together as the body of Christ to bring practical help and God’s love to our communities.
The CAP Team remain in contact with every Debt Help client family, checking in with them to see what extra support they may need.
Many are especially vulnerable at this time, either through job loss, reduced hours or other hardship brought on by the lockdown – all of which hits so much harder when money is tight already.
Thanks to you, our wonderful supporters, CAP clients are connected to the vital support they need during this time.
They’re connected to a loving church community, so they’re not facing this alone. They’re connected to CAP Head Office Caseworkers, who can help navigate changing circumstances.
CAP will continue partnering with local churches to help New Zealanders out of debt and poverty; we’ll continue sharing God’s love and bringing a message of hope.
CAP Debt Help is an essential service, so in terms of our people, including staff, frontline workers and clients, CAP is following all recommended Ministry of Health, World Health Organisation and Government guidelines; and modifying our activities accordingly.
For now, here are some ways you can continue to help the people of Aotearoa:
1. Please join us in prayer for ALL those impacted by COVID-19:
- Our clients and their families
- Healthcare workers
- Government and all those making important decisions
- CAP Staff, both at Head Office and across Aotearoa
- The family of CAP supporters – who may also be impacted – and who enable families to get the help they need
2. If you are able, please consider increasing your financial support, so that CAP can continue supporting families in life-transforming ways. Thank you – now more than ever before, your support is vital.
Finally, we remain confident in the assurances we have in Jesus. God is good, we place our trust in Him, and let His peace rule in our hearts:
“My peace I leave you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.” – John 14:27
*name changed to protect privacy of CAP client